No not really!
I was out and about for the morning and got home sometime to a wee note from Melissa saying "bla blah blah etc and you may want to check the guinea pig". "Mmm", I thought, "curious".
So I checked the guinea pig. Poor Lazer. Sitting on the grass all puffy looking. She is usually the first one to scamper away from you so for her not to move at all was VERY out of character. Oh dear...
I reached in to grab her to put her in a box to take to the vet. She had no strength in her legs to stand up. Not good...
In the box beside the fire to keep warm (I thought maybe she might have some kind of guinea pig flu or something). Checking on her now and then. Still breathing. Not moving much though. Doing the usual stuff around home. Checked her again - eyes glazed, no movement, oh dear...not good...poor Lazer.
Jared came home from school - gotta break the news sometime. So I said quietly to him " Jared Lazer died today". Little face dropped. "What was wrong" he asked in a small voice. "I think she ate something that made her sick" (She was looking a bit bloated). Face lifts a little "Can we cut her open to see?" Oh Jared! The hard facts of life are no problem for you to deal with!! And "no, we can't cut her open! Yuck!"
She was buried and the plot was decorated. Her headstone is a brick and a paua shell and she is sprinkled with lovely white sunflower seed husks. Not sure how long they'll stay lovely and white but it does look quite pretty against the brown, freshly dug soil.
So here is Lazer as we remember her...
Talk about cheesy grin eh! He was so proud of her and she had the cutest babies! Bye Bye Lazer. XX
1 comment:
RIP Lazer. Typical boy thing to say.
Post a Comment