Teeheehee
Knew that would get a reaction!!
Caitlin - my youngest child (of three) and only daughter has now hit the cherished age of two years old! And in my mummy language that means you are old enough to talk, eat, drink, walk and so many other things by yourself, so you are old enough to go to the toilet too!!!
Well -we were having a little success with this before the big second birthday so I thought this would be a piece of the proverbial cake!
She has been a gem, I must admit, and was having dry, prettily decorated, butterfly and ballerina "undies" within a week. BUT - and there always is one...!
The performance has become based upon the reward!! And in her case the favoured treat is a lolliPOP (that's her emphasis added, not mine!).
I thought initially a little reward would confirm her ability, desire, understanding, whatever you want to call it, of the whole proceedure - and boy was I right! Now she doesn't ask to go to the toilet, she just asks for the lolliPOP! Even before the trip down the hallway! Of course she is sooooo cute and adorable that I find it gorgeous and mildly amusing but the other side of the coin is that I am terrified that once the initial bag of lolliPOPs is emptied a typically two year old sized tantrum will ensue with pee going everywhere but where it is intended (Sorry if that is too much information for some of you out there. These concerns run frequently through a mother's mind!!)
I fear I may be turning my child into many things - a diabetic, a sugar crazed toilet fiend, or simply a cherub with insistent needs ie "gotta go pee! - where's my lolliPOP? - you know I can't pee without my lolliPOP!!!" You get the drift!
Well only the empty lolliPOP bag will reveal the next phase of developments. Till then I will praise profusely, and reward accordingly, and pray that by the time the bag is empty the joy and comfort of having dry ballerinas and butterflies overrides the necessity for the lolliPOP!
2 comments:
Stop it!! She can't be big enough yet! Emmy is seriously slacking! She has figured it out twice and was dry when she woke up 2 nights ago, but still, no amount of Lollies would help it click. Someday soon, maybe I can have the same problem… Hehehe
Caitlin you are just too smart! Way to go! We so miss your cute little voice and big huge grin. Emmy saw some pictures of you this morning and squealed in delight! We love you!
Way to go Caitlin your're a star!!! Now that baby Cake is sitting up its on the potty for her and no doubt she'll be well toilet trained just like you darling love ya from Aunty Paula xx
Post a Comment